from Mrs Thompson, Headteacher
As a dedicated infant school we believe that early years education lays the foundation for life-long learning. Here at Trafalgar Infant School we are committed to both pupil achievement and pupil development.
This means that through the wide experiences that we offer we aim to challenge our children to achieve academically while also developing their confidence, self esteem and a positive attitude towards learning.
Starting school is an important time for both children and parents and selecting the right school for your child is an important decision. We look forward to welcoming you for a tour of our school.
The trafalgarpta.org.uk website is a useful place to keep up to date with PTA events for the coming months and trafalgar.ourschoolwishlist.org has information about how you can help us in more tangible ways.
PTA Quiz & Curry Night is on Fri 13th March - more information to follow.
The class cake sale dates for this term are listed in the newsletter.
Look out for the PTA volunteers selling Easter Egg Raffle tickets towards the end of the term.
Class Assemblies & Other School Events
- Chicken Egg raffle is open to all (see the newsletter). All proceeds go towards the upkeep of the animals.
- Yellow class have their swimming lessons on Wednesdays this half term (6 weeks)
- Safer Internet Day is on Tues 11th Feb - more details to follow.
- Post Ofsted Q&A session in Junior Hall at 7.30pm
- World Book Day is Thur 5th Mar but please note the dress-up day will be on Fri 6th Mar.
- Parent Consultation dates have been planned for the 17th & 19th March - you will be notified when the system is open for booking slots.
- Class Assembly dates and times have been published in this week's school newsletter.
We have now successfuly recruited two Co-opted Governors and an Associate Member for our Governing Body. Please see the school newsletter for more information.